- Location: Powys
- Duration: Short and long term
- Salary: £9.50 per hour
- Start date: Immediate
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: School Support Staff (Ancillary)
New Directions are looking to appoint a hardworking and motivated school secretary to work on a temporary basis in primary schools in Brecon and surrounding areas.
Due to the nature of temporary roles, all applicants must be flexible and reliable and willing to work in different schools on occasion, covering temporary absences such as sickness or maternity.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the daily running of the busy school office, therefore must be adaptable, polite and friendly.
Responsibilities will include:
- Being the first point of contacts for parents, pupils and visitors
- Answering the phone, taking messages and responding to school emails
- Ordering equipment and stationary supplies for the school
- Recording pupil attendance and lateness and contacting parents
- Typing letters, reports and other documents
- Banking cash and collating invoices
- Assisting teaching staff and senior staff with general administrative duties
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced secretary to join local primary schools and be an integral part of the team.
Please note, all applicants must hold a Child-Only Enhanced DBS Certificate registered with the Update Service, or be willing to pay for a new DBS.
We recruit a wide variety of school office staff roles, including school secretaries, receptionists, administrators, and school clerks.
Duties are varied and may include the following:
- Receptionist duties such as answering the phone and welcoming visitors
- Administrative duties such as typing letters, sorting post, managing emails
- Dealing with school meals administration, ordering stationery, paying invoices, handling monies, printing and photocopying and managing schools systems like SIMS
School office staff must be well organised as well as having excellent verbal and written communication skills. They must also be able to work well under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks.
Candidates will ideally have previous experience working within a school office. Working knowledge of SIMS system is advantageous.
Schools will expect all school support staff to have a good standard of education, some previous office work experience and ideally previous experience working working within an educational setting.
What New Directions Education offers:
- A dedicated and expert account manager
- Regular and varied supply work
- Competitive rates of pay
- Potential long-term roles
- Full compliance with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR)
- A network of branches across the UK
- Preferred supplier to 20 boroughs across the UK
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Respected reputation across the education and recruitment industry