- Location: Wirral - North West
- Start Date: January 2018
- Duration: Temporary
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: SSW1
- Salary: £10 per hour
We are seeking an experienced School SIMS and Attendance Administrator to work within a Secondary School in the South Wirral area. They would like to have someone appointed for January 2019 to complete a handover period.
Responsibilities will include:
- Recording attendance and lateness using SIMS
- Accessing and updating student records on SIMS
- Running and creating reports on SIMS
- General reception duties (answering the phone, passing on messages, greeting visitors, issuing name badges, assisting senior staff with general admin duties)
It is essential that interested candidates have experience of using SIMS.
Strong admin backgrounds can be consider for other School admin roles so please feel free to contact us.
Please note, all applicants must hold a Child-Only Enhanced DBS Certificate registered with the Update Service, or be willing to pay for a new DBS
A school secretary has the responsibility to provide administrative support to the whole school.
The duties of a school secretary: receptionist duties including answering the phone and welcoming visitors, administrative duties including typing letters, sorting post, managing emails, dealing with school meals administration, ordering stationery, paying invoices, handling monies, printing and photocopying and managing schools systems like SIMS
School secretaries must be well organised as well as having excellent verbal and written communication skills. They must also be able to work well under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks.
Candidates will ideally have previous experience working within a school office. It is extremely advantageous having working knowledge of SIMS system. Schools will expect all school secretaries to have a good standard of education, previous office work and experience working with children to some extent.
The Role of a School Administrator / Receptionist / Secretary / School Clerk
- To provide excellent customer service
- Answering the telephone
- Welcoming visitors to the school
- Typing letters, sorting post and managing emails
- Handling monies – dealing with school meals and school trips
- Ordering stationery
- Paying invoices
- Managing school systems e.g. SIMS
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 0151 515 0822, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 7th December 2018