- Location: Carmarthenshire - South Wales
- Start Date: Ongoing
- Duration: Temporary
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: CF2202
- Salary: Competitive rates of pay offered
New Directions Education are currently registering Final Year Students for potential supply placements. We will be able to provide you with placements as an Unqualified Teacher, which allows you to get straight into the classroom as soon as you finish your course. Undertaking supply positions as soon as you complete your course allows you to get a feel of working in different schools. This also helps build confidence and gives you the opportunity to pick up ideas for when you take your own classes. These placements also allow schools to trial staff for upcoming placements they will have in the academic year. As soon as you receive your certificates we will be able to place you as a Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT). We are looking for candidates with strength of character, versatility, and enthusiasm. As New Directions Education has been awarded the Preferred Supplier for supply staff in Carmarthenshire, we are able to offer full time and part time positions. You will have your own dedicated account manager who will work with you and listen to your requirements.
- Are in the process of gaining Qualified Teach Status (QTS) and are registered with the Education Workforce Council (EWC)
- Will utilise all aspects of the school from interactive technology in a classroom to outside activities, as part of a varied and diverse learning environment;
- Are able to provide references to cover the last three years and full employment history.
As a leading education supply agency, New Directions recruits primary teachers for jobs in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), key stage 1 (KS1) and key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher job role.
Your role as a primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQT) are welcomed by New Directions.
- Fast Facts …
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a Supply Primary Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620180, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 7th March 2019