- Location: Swansea - South Wales
- Start Date: April 2019
- Duration: Ongoing Supply Placements
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: MPFYS44
- Salary: Competitive Rates of Pay
New Directions Education are currently registering Final Year Students during the Easter break for potential supply placements before the Summer holidays. We will market you out to schools as an Unqualified Teacher until you receive your certificates and once you do we will be able to place you as a Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT). We are looking for students who have specialised within the Foundation Phase in order to cover classes ranging from Nursery through to Year 2. As New Directions Education have been awarded the Preferred Supplier for supply staff by the City and County of Swansea, we are able to offer full time and part time positions. Undertaking supply positions as soon as complete your course allows you to get a feel of working in different schools and is a great way to pick up tips and new ideas which you can then reflect on during the Summer holidays.
We welcome applicants who:
- Are currently undertaking a Teacher Training qualification either in Degree form or as a Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE);
- Are able to teach all age groups with the Foundation Phase and utilise the outdoor classroom effectively;
- Can confidently liaise with staff, pupils and parents;
- Are happy to adhere to New Directions compliance procedures;
- Seek the flexibility of supply work and are suited towards the temporary nature of placements.
New Directions seek applicants who would like the flexibility of supply work and who would be available at times at short notice to fulfil last minute sickness absences. We will be able to provide you with supply placements in a variety of schools or if you prefer to limit or select schools you wish to work in this can be arranged when you register. All supply sessions you undertake once you are classed as an NQT can be logged and will count towards your Induction Year. New Directions are able to offer short term placements on a regular basis which can sometimes lead to long term cover if this is an area of interest to you. We are also able to offer free training courses to support your career development.
Key Stage 1 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 1 (KS1) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 1 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 1 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620180, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 5th April 2019