- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: AW25
- Salary: £9 - £10 per hour
New Directions are seeking a hardworking and diligent individual to work as a temporary School Finance Administrator in various primary schools in Cardiff. All applicants must be flexible and reliable, as the nature of temporary roles will involve travelling to different schools covering long and short-term staff absences such as sickness and maternity. The working hours vary depending on the specific role.
It is essential that all applicants have an excellent knowledge of the School Information Management System (SIMS) and the Finance Management System (FMS), as the successful candidate will be responsible for running the busy school office and the overall management of school finances.
Responsibilities will include:
- Invoicing, banking and managing school finances
- Producing statistical returns and reports
- Collating school dinner money using SIMS
- Updating student records on SIMS
- Logging attendance and lateness on SIMS
- General office duties including greeting visitors, liaising with parents, pupils and staff, dealing with post and emails, answering the phone and passing on messages etc.
This is a great opportunity for a reliable and experienced Administrator to take on flexible roles in various local primary schools.
Please note, it is essential that all candidates hold a Child-Only Enhanced DBS Certificate registered on the Update Service, or are willing to pay for a new DBS.
A school secretary has the responsibility to provide administrative support to the whole school.
The duties of a school secretary: receptionist duties including answering the phone and welcoming visitors, administrative duties including typing letters, sorting post, managing emails, dealing with school meals administration, ordering stationery, paying invoices, handling monies, printing and photocopying and managing schools systems like SIMS
School secretaries must be well organised as well as having excellent verbal and written communication skills. They must also be able to work well under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks.
Candidates will ideally have previous experience working within a school office. It is extremely advantageous having working knowledge of SIMS system. Schools will expect all school secretaries to have a good standard of education, previous office work and experience working with children to some extent.
The Role of a School Administrator / Receptionist / Secretary / School Clerk
- To provide excellent customer service
- Answering the telephone
- Welcoming visitors to the school
- Typing letters, sorting post and managing emails
- Handling monies – dealing with school meals and school trips
- Ordering stationery
- Paying invoices
- Managing school systems e.g. SIMS
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 30th August 2018