- Location: Denbighshire - North Wales
- Start Date: 3rd Sept 2018
- Duration: Term Time
- Job Type: Fixed Term
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Job Ref: Finance_MD
- Salary: Grade 6 - £19,500 - £22,170
New Directions are currently recruiting for a Finance Officer on behalf of a School in the Ruthin.
Successful applicants will be highly motivated and innovative, with the ability to work well as part of a team to support the school on all aspects of business and financial management.
- To carry out administrative duties to ensure a timely and responsive administration service.
- Undertake a busy, varied and challenging role that involves lots of contact over the telephone, e-mail and face to face.
- Work in accordance with School policies and procedures and comply with all relevant legislation;
- To provide administrative support to the Finance Manager and Business Manager.
- Responsible for the production of monthly cluster reports;
- Responsible for payroll activities and other financial related tasks;
- Book Keeping
- Carrying out basic finance processes
- Data entry
- Support the efficient delivery of the finance department
- To maintain good working relationships with school staff;
- Maintaining accurate records on relevant databases;
- Make clear and concise telephone and file notes in a clear, concise and grammatically correct manner.
A school secretary has the responsibility to provide administrative support to the whole school.
The duties of a school secretary: receptionist duties including answering the phone and welcoming visitors, administrative duties including typing letters, sorting post, managing emails, dealing with school meals administration, ordering stationery, paying invoices, handling monies, printing and photocopying and managing schools systems like SIMS
School secretaries must be well organised as well as having excellent verbal and written communication skills. They must also be able to work well under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks.
Candidates will ideally have previous experience working within a school office. It is extremely advantageous having working knowledge of SIMS system. Schools will expect all school secretaries to have a good standard of education, previous office work and experience working with children to some extent.
The Role of a School Administrator / Receptionist / Secretary / School Clerk
- To provide excellent customer service
- Answering the telephone
- Welcoming visitors to the school
- Typing letters, sorting post and managing emails
- Handling monies – dealing with school meals and school trips
- Ordering stationery
- Paying invoices
- Managing school systems e.g. SIMS
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 22nd August 2018