- Location: Neath Port Talbot - South Wales
- Start Date: Summer 2019
- Duration: Long & Short Term
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: AW2
- Salary: £9.50 per hour
New Directions are looking to appoint a hardworking and flexible School Caretaker, to work on a relief basis in primary schools in Neath Port Talbot.
Due to the nature of relief work, all applicants must be flexible, reliable and willing to work in different schools covering temporary absences such as long or short-term sickness. The working hours will usually be split-shifts, such as 6am – 10am and 3pm – 6pm, therefore access to transport will be beneficial.
We are seeking applicants with a background working in building/maintenance/caretaking/estates management with transferable skills. All applicants should also have an excellent awareness of health and safety.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Opening the school in the morning and locking up at the end of the day
- Maintenance and repairs throughout the premises
- General upkeep of heating, boiler and alarm systems
- Booking external contractors for major work
- Cleaning duties and supervising cleaning staff
Please note, all applicants must hold a Child-Only Enhanced DBS Certificate registered with the Update Service, or be willing to pay for a new DBS.
Caretakers will be responsible for looking after the school site including the buildings and grounds.
The duties of a school caretaker include: general maintenance and minor repairs, liaising with contractors, managing heating and alarm systems, security opening and closing the school, basic cleaning, and key holding.
Caretakers must be honest, reliable and trustworthy. They must be able to work well on their own using their own initiative, as well as working well within a larger team.
Candidates will ideally have previous caretaking experience; however New Directions will consider candidates who have a background in maintenance, decorating, facilities or security. It is mandatory that caretakers have a clear DBS either registered with the Update Service or a New Directions DBS.
The Role of a School Caretaker
- General maintenance and minor repairs
- Liaising with contractors
- Managing heating and alarm systems
- Security opening and closing the school
- Basic cleaning
- Key holding
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 23rd April 2019