- Location: Torfaen - South Wales
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: AW4
- Salary: £10 per hour
New Directions are looking to appoint a flexible and hardworking School Clerk, to work on a temporary supply basis in primary school in the Torfaen area. Due to the nature of supply work, all applicants must be reliable and willing to work in different schools on request, covering long and short-term temporary absences such as sickness or maternity.
We are seeking applicants who have previous experience working in the primary school s the successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the office.
Experience using the School Information Management Systems (SIMS) is essential and a good knowledge of the Financial Management System (FMS) would also be beneficial.
Primary school clerks are responsible for:
- Being the first point of contact for staff, parents, pupils and visitors
- Greeting visitors and issuing name badges
- Answering the phone and responding to school emails
- Managing school dinner money
- Logging attendance and lateness
- Running and creating SIMS reports
- General administrative duties for the school
Please note, all applicants must hold a Child-Only Enhanced DBS Certificate registered with the Update Service, or be willing to pay for a new DBS.
A school secretary has the responsibility to provide administrative support to the whole school.
The duties of a school secretary: receptionist duties including answering the phone and welcoming visitors, administrative duties including typing letters, sorting post, managing emails, dealing with school meals administration, ordering stationery, paying invoices, handling monies, printing and photocopying and managing schools systems like SIMS
School secretaries must be well organised as well as having excellent verbal and written communication skills. They must also be able to work well under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks.
Candidates will ideally have previous experience working within a school office. It is extremely advantageous having working knowledge of SIMS system. Schools will expect all school secretaries to have a good standard of education, previous office work and experience working with children to some extent.
The Role of a School Administrator / Receptionist / Secretary / School Clerk
- To provide excellent customer service
- Answering the telephone
- Welcoming visitors to the school
- Typing letters, sorting post and managing emails
- Handling monies – dealing with school meals and school trips
- Ordering stationery
- Paying invoices
- Managing school systems e.g. SIMS
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 20th February 2019