- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Start Date: April 2019
- Duration: Various
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: AW1
- Salary: £9.50 per hour
New Directions are looking to appoint a hardworking and motivated School Secretary to work on a temporary basis in Primary schools in Brecon and surrounding areas.
Due to the nature of temporary roles, all applicants must be flexible and reliable and willing to work in different schools on occasion, covering temporary absences such as sickness or maternity.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the daily running of the busy school office, therefore must be adaptable, polite and friendly.
Responsibilities will include:
- Being the first point of contacts for parents, pupils and visitors
- Answering the phone, taking messages and responding to school emails
- Ordering equipment and stationary supplies for the school
- Recording pupil attendance and lateness and contacting parents
- Typing letters, reports and other documents
- Banking cash and collating invoices
- Assisting teaching staff and senior staff with general administrative duties
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Secretary to join local primary schools and be an integral part of the team.
Please note, all applicants must hold a Child-Only Enhanced DBS Certificate registered with the Update Service, or be willing to pay for a new DBS.
A school secretary has the responsibility to provide administrative support to the whole school.
The duties of a school secretary: receptionist duties including answering the phone and welcoming visitors, administrative duties including typing letters, sorting post, managing emails, dealing with school meals administration, ordering stationery, paying invoices, handling monies, printing and photocopying and managing schools systems like SIMS
School secretaries must be well organised as well as having excellent verbal and written communication skills. They must also be able to work well under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks.
Candidates will ideally have previous experience working within a school office. It is extremely advantageous having working knowledge of SIMS system. Schools will expect all school secretaries to have a good standard of education, previous office work and experience working with children to some extent.
The Role of a School Administrator / Receptionist / Secretary / School Clerk
- To provide excellent customer service
- Answering the telephone
- Welcoming visitors to the school
- Typing letters, sorting post and managing emails
- Handling monies – dealing with school meals and school trips
- Ordering stationery
- Paying invoices
- Managing school systems e.g. SIMS
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 13th March 2019