- Location: Vale of Glamorgan - South Wales
- Start Date: June 2019
- Duration: Long & Short Term
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: AW1
- Salary: £9.50 per hour
New Directions are looking for a flexible and experienced School Secretary, to work on a temporary basis in various primary schools in the Vale of Glamorgan.
All applicants should be reliable and willing to cover both long and short-term temporary absences within the school office. The usual working hours will be full-time, Monday-Friday, 8:30am – 4pm, term-time only.
It is essential that all applicants have previous experience working within a school office and have an excellent knowledge of the School Information Management System (SIMS). We are seeking individuals who are well organised and confident working alone in a professional environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the day to day running of the school office
- Being the first point of contact for parents, pupils and visitors
- Logging pupil attendance and lateness on SIMS and contacting parents
- Collating school dinner money on SIMS
- Running and creating SIMS reports
- Managing school emails, answering the phone and passing on messages
- General administrative duties as requested by senior staff
Please note, all applicants must hold a Child-Only Enhanced DBS Certificate registered with the Update Service, or be willing to pay for a new DBS.
A school secretary has the responsibility to provide administrative support to the whole school.
The duties of a school secretary: receptionist duties including answering the phone and welcoming visitors, administrative duties including typing letters, sorting post, managing emails, dealing with school meals administration, ordering stationery, paying invoices, handling monies, printing and photocopying and managing schools systems like SIMS
School secretaries must be well organised as well as having excellent verbal and written communication skills. They must also be able to work well under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks.
Candidates will ideally have previous experience working within a school office. It is extremely advantageous having working knowledge of SIMS system. Schools will expect all school secretaries to have a good standard of education, previous office work and experience working with children to some extent.
The Role of a School Administrator / Receptionist / Secretary / School Clerk
- To provide excellent customer service
- Answering the telephone
- Welcoming visitors to the school
- Typing letters, sorting post and managing emails
- Handling monies – dealing with school meals and school trips
- Ordering stationery
- Paying invoices
- Managing school systems e.g. SIMS
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 23rd April 2019