- Location: Neath Port Talbot - South Wales
- Start Date: June 2018
- Duration: Temporary
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Salary: From £9 per hour
New Directions are looking to appoint an experienced school administrator, who is highly proficient in the School Information Management System (SIMS). We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and reliable individual who is willing to work on a temporary supply basis in various schools in Neath Port Talbot.
The positions vary depending on the schools specific requirements. Roles can be long term, short term, full time or part time, therefore the ideal candidate must be flexible and ideally will have access to their own transport in order to travel to different schools on request.
Previous experience working as a school administrator/receptionist is essential as daily use of SIMS will be required and no training will be provided. Experience with FMS or any other finance packages will also be beneficial.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Updating computerised records of pupils and staff
- Logging attendance and lateness using SIMS
- Dealing with school meal administration
- Creating reports for other staff members using SIMS
- Paying invoices and banking cash
- Liaising with parents, pupils and staff
- Managing the busy school office and general admin duties
Please note, all candidates must hold a Child-Only Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the Update Service, or be willing to pay for a new DBS.
A school secretary has the responsibility to provide administrative support to the whole school.
The duties of a school secretary: receptionist duties including answering the phone and welcoming visitors, administrative duties including typing letters, sorting post, managing emails, dealing with school meals administration, ordering stationery, paying invoices, handling monies, printing and photocopying and managing schools systems like SIMS
School secretaries must be well organised as well as having excellent verbal and written communication skills. They must also be able to work well under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks.
Candidates will ideally have previous experience working within a school office. It is extremely advantageous having working knowledge of SIMS system. Schools will expect all school secretaries to have a good standard of education, previous office work and experience working with children to some extent.
The Role of a School Administrator / Receptionist / Secretary / School Clerk
- To provide excellent customer service
- Answering the telephone
- Welcoming visitors to the school
- Typing letters, sorting post and managing emails
- Handling monies – dealing with school meals and school trips
- Ordering stationery
- Paying invoices
- Managing school systems e.g. SIMS
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620180,or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 1st June 2018