- Location: Powys - Mid Wales
- Start Date: January 2019
- Duration: Contract
- Job Type: Fixed Term
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: Food Technology
- Job Ref: Food_Tech
- Salary: £90.00 - £130.00 per day
New Directions Education are recruiting for a Food Technology Teacher to work in a Secondary school based in Powys. We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic classroom teacher of Food from January 2019. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a supportive and progressive Technology department.
Over recent years the department has maintained a good record of results at GCSE level, and therefore the post is most suitable for an experienced teacher, but applications from NQT’s would also be welcome.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to teach Food KS3 and G.C.S.E Food at KS4.
- Be passionate and knowledgeable of their chosen subject area, with the ability to inspire and motivate students to succeed in all areas
- Adhere to New Directions Compliance procedures fully
- Be in possession of a clear DBS with the update service (desirable but not essential) or happy to undertake a new one
New Directions will offer online training, a dedicated Account Manager and the opportunity to receive an annual Loyalty Bonus.
The general role of a Food Technology Teacher is to deliver an innovative and engaging approach to the delivery of the food technology curriculum. Working usually with colleagues across the DT curriculum, this is a specialist role which requires catering expertise.
Duties will include:
- Ensuring that the statutory requirements of the National Curriculum are met
- Encourage literacy and numeracy growth through food technology
- Evaluating the design and delivery of the Food Technology curriculum; continuously striving to improve all aspects
- Keeping effective assessment records
- Develop and maintain links with hospitality and catering enterprises
- Set targets for student achievements
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 4th January 2019