- Location: Swansea - South Wales
- Start Date: October 2018
- Duration: On-going Supply Placements
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: MP0310
- Salary: Competitive Rates of pay
New Directions Education are seeking qualified teachers to undertake supply positions within a selection of large Swansea City Centre primary schools. All supply placements will be within Infants Departments as the schools would like continuity for the children. The majority of the work will be on a day to day basis but we will be able to put your CV forward for long term vacancies if this is of something of interest to you. New Directions will be able to offer you supply positions as soon as you have completed the registration process and you will be able to select the work pattern you require.
We welcome applicants who:
- Have gained Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and are registered with the Education Workforce Council (EWC);
- Are able to teach all age groups with the Foundation Phase and utilise the outdoor classroom effectively;
- Are able to plan and delegate activities for the support staff within the classroom to undertake;
- Can confidently liaise with staff, pupils and parents;
- Seek the flexibility of supply work and are suited towards the temporary nature of placements.
We are looking for applicants who would like the flexibility of supply work and who would be available at times at short notice to fulfil last minute sickness absences. You would need to be able to adapt to each age group within the Foundation Phase and be able to work closely with the teaching and support staff in order to provide continuity of approach for activities. All schools have a range of resources you could utilise within the Foundation Phase Department and adapt to future classes. New Directions will also be able to support you through providing free in house and online training courses, guaranteed payment schemes and a personal account manager.
Key Stage 1 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 1 (KS1) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 1 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 1 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620180, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 21st February 2019