- Location: Swansea - South Wales
- Start Date: January 2018
- Duration: Half Term in the first instance
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: MP1411
- Salary: Competitive Rates of Pay
New Directions Education are currently seeking a qualified teacher to work in the Foundation Phase Department of a large primary school on the outskirts of Swansea City Centre. The position starts in January and the successful applicant will be teaching a Year 1 Class up until at least the February half term holidays. Towards the end of the position the school will be able to confirm if the placement will be extended. The school offers a large open plan classroom, an outdoor learning area and support staff within the classroom.
We welcome applicants who:
- Have gained Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and are registered with the Education Workforce Council (EWC);
- Have specialised in teaching within the Foundation Phase and have taught Year 1 in particular;
- Able to create and deliver a range of learning experiences suitable for the age group which meet the objectives of the Foundation Phase Requirements;
- Have experience of utilising the outdoor classroom as part of a varied and diverse learning environment;
- Can confidently liaise with staff, pupils and parents and undertake additional duties such as Parents Evening when required;
- Are either Newly Qualified Teachers (NQT’s) or experienced classroom practitioners;
- Seek a long-term position teaching a full timetable. Time will be set aside for Planning, Preparing and Assessing (PPA).
The school seek an enthusiastic and driven individual to join their Infants Department. The staff have created a friendly and welcoming atmosphere and are keen to secure someone with a similar outlook. Applicants who have trained in Restorative Practice are encouraged to apply as this in an aspect which the school has a strong focus on. Any additional skills or qualifications would also be a great advantage. New Directions will be able to offer you free online and in-house training courses, a dedicated account manager to work on your behalf and Guaranteed Work Schemes if this is of interest to you.
Key Stage 1 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 1 (KS1) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 1 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 1 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620180, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 30th January 2019