- Location: Flintshire - North Wales
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: On going supply
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Early Years Foundation Stage
- Job Ref: SM
- Salary: £90 - £125
New Directions are currently looking to recruit a Foundation Phase Teacher to work in Flintshire and the surrounding areas, the position is to start as soon as possible.
New Directions are the preferred supply agency in Flintshire and work with over 60 schools in the area, therefore we are looking for a teacher who will build strong relationships with the schools on a part/full time basis.
We are looking for flexible teachers who are able to plan a lesson teaching a variety of subjects according to the curriculum and assessing skills and knowledge through tests and assignments. You may also need to monitor the development of individual students so you will also need to be using class resources effectively.
If you are interested in getting stuck in with some work, or would like to find out more on who we are working with please do not hesitate to get in touch with our account managers for the Flintshire area, we would love to hear from you.
Key Stage 1 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 1 (KS1) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 1 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 1 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 16th November 2018