- Location: Gwynedd - North Wales
- Start Date: Sept 2018
- Duration: on going supply
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Welsh Language Medium
- Job Ref: GWY2018
- Salary: From £90 Per Day
New Directions Education is currently seeking to register teachers for supply work for the Foundation Phase. We are looking to appoint a highly motivated, enthusiastic and committed classroom practitioners. The right candidates will have high expectations of learners, excellent classroom practice, the ability to work as a team member, and experience of teaching in the Foundation Phase.
We welcome applicants who:
- Have gained Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and are registered with the Education Workforce Council (EWC);
- Are either Newly Qualified Teachers (NQT’s) or experienced classroom practitioners;
- Are confident taking on extra responsibilities such as parent consultations, planning meetings and assisting with extra curricular clubs;
- Are fluent in both written and oral Welsh.
The successful candidate will relish the opportunity to be part of successful schools, with an established and friendly ethos. New Directions Education will also give you a designated and helpful account manager, and offer training courses to further assist you career development.
Key Stage 1 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 1 (KS1) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 1 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 1 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01970 629 118 , or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 1st August 2018