- Location: Rhondda Cynon Taf - South Wales
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: CXDRCT1206
- Salary: £90-£100 per day
New Directions Education are currently working with a small community Infant School in Rhondda Cynon Taff to recruit an experienced foundation phase teacher.
The successful candidate will have previous classroom experience in various Foundation Phase/ Key Stage 1 classes and be comfortable delivering innovative, creative lessons. They will have excellent classroom management skills and endeavor to build close relationships with pupils, staff and parents to ensure the highest levels of attendance. The school like to focus on learning through play for the younger years in order to encourage fun learning objectives.
The school is known for its active involvement in the community, offering extra-curricular activities for the children in sport, reading and music. The preferred candidate would be keen to make a positive contribution to whole school life and would be welcome to set up a club in their own specialism.
- be EWC registered and hold QTS.
- have experience working with foundation phase.
- engage students in creative lesson plans using the advanced resources in the school.
- manage behaviour with positive reinforcement strategies.
- specialism in music would be advantageous.
Key Stage 1 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 1 (KS1) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 1 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 1 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy,on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 13th June 2018