- Location: Wrexham - North Wales
- Start Date: September 2018
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Early Years Teachers (NNEB)
- Category: Early Years Foundation Stage
- Job Ref: DBFPTeach1306
- Salary: £90-£140 per day
As the preferred supplier of Education staffing within Wrexham Education Authority, New Directions are looking for a passionate foundation phase teacher for regular supply work within an excellent school in the Wrexham area. The school are looking for a teacher with the flexibility to work throughout the foundation phase as per the requirements of the school. The school use Read Write Inc so experience of teaching this would be a benefit but not essential to any potential applicants. This is a fantastic opportunity for regular work within a thriving school which could potentially open further opportunities within the local area of both a short and long term nature.
The school’s location close to a number of main roads means it’s ideally situated for staff from Wrexham, Flintshire and Shropshire.
This would be an ideal opportunity for Newly Qualified Teachers looking to build their experience and reputation in the local area or for experienced teachers looking for a degree of flexibility in their role unavailable in other roles.
Key Stage 1 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 1 (KS1) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 1 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 1 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy,on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 13th June 2018