- Location: Wrexham - North Wales
- Start Date: Summer term
- Duration: Ongoing supply work
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Early Years Foundation Stage
- Job Ref: Flint1
- Salary: From £85 per day depending on experience
New Directions Education are currently recruiting Foundation Phase teachers to work in a variety of Primary Schools in Flint. This role is to work on a supply basis initially as day to day cover with the possibility of more long term placements in the future. The ideal candidate will be flexible and able to adapt their teaching styles for the various settings. You will have secure knowledge of the Foundation Phase curriculum as well as being able to implement the Literacy and Numeracy framework into all areas of learning. You will also have knowledge of various schemes of work including Read Write Inc and Maths Makes Sense. You will also be highly confident using ICT for both planning and teaching and will be able to create a stimulating classroom environment.
As preferred supplier to Flintshire County Council New Directions are able to offer you the opportunity to teach in a variety of schools to gain further experience. We offer candidate loyalty bonuses, free CPD training and a dedicated account manager
Key Stage 1 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 1 (KS1) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 1 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 1 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 5th June 2017