- Location: Rhondda Cynon Taf - South Wales
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Duration: Long Term
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: Biology, Business Studies, Chemistry, Design Technology, Drama, Humanities, Information & Communications Technology, Mathematics, Media Studies, Modern Foreign Languages, Newly Qualified Teacher, Physical Education, Religious Education, Science
- Job Ref: TG
- Salary: £105 per day
New Directions Education are seeking to appoint a Teacher for an immediate start. The post is based across RCT, working within several secondary schools.
The role is focused around teaching a variety of subjects within the school. This would give the teacher an excellent understanding of each department. The ability to teach across each department is a modern skill, that all teachers must adapt to.
This role would be an excellent opportunity for both Newly Qualified Teacher’s (NQT’s) as well as more experienced teachers.
The successful candidate will:
- Be passionate and knowledgeable, with the ability to inspire and motivate students to succeed
- Flexible to work up to 5 days a week
- Can teach up to GCSE level;
- Adhere to New Directions Compliance procedures;
- Be in possession of a clear DBS with the update service (desirable but not essential).
- Superb knowledge of effectively using teaching resources
- Adaptable to work across each department
The ability to uphold excellent classroom behaviour and deliver varied teaching styles is essential. A professional attitude is important, where you will be required to abide to the school policies and dress code. You will need to be registered with the Education Workforce Council and happy to adhere to New Directions compliance procedures.
New Directions will offer online training and a dedicated Account Manager.
New Directions have a fantastic internal training team and offer regular professional development.
Additional Information on Secondary Teaching
The role of a Secondary Teacher is far-reaching. Teaching 11 – 16 year old students, this is a rewarding role that shapes futures.
In 2014 an estimated 454.9 thousand teachers were said to be working in state funded schools, an increase of 1.2% from 2013.
The Role of a Secondary Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 13th February 2019