- Location: Wrexham - North Wales
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Further Education
- Category: Tutor
- Job Ref: GW_MD
- Salary: £20,000 per annum
New Directions Education are recruiting on behalf of HMP Berywn, Wrexham for a Groupwork Tutor.
The successful applicant will be responsible for co-ordinating groupwork programmes for families affected by imprisonment. The service will be delivered to men serving sentences at HMP Berwyn and their families where appropriate. Through this work, you will contribute to reducing the risk of re-offending, and improve outcomes for offenders’ children and family members.
As a Groupwork Tutor, you will play a key role in the delivery of Interventions and in ensuring that wider delivery is conducted in line with the prison’s quality standards. The role will assist in keeping group work materials and evaluation data up to date and in developing new content, learning materials and assisting with wider Interventions project work under guidance.
Key Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
Direct delivery of courses
- To recruit suitable men onto the programmes through promotion of courses and subsequent assessments;
- To facilitate the prisons relationship with education and parenting courses to support outcomes in the the education contract;
- To update and centrally locate material and information about Family groupwork, including reviewing course manuals, promotional literature and ensuring everything is shared appropriately via the shared drives, intranet and website.
Hours of work are 37.5 hours per week – Monday-Friday with an earlier finish on a Friday.
The role has to fit in with the prison regime, so on delivery days the person would be required to work from 7.30am-5pm. Roughly there will be 10 delivery days a month. The rest of the days would be recruiting, interviewing prisoners, preparing courses, evaluations and quality assessments. On these days normal working hours are flexible.
Qualifications in PGCE FE / Secondary / Primary Education / DTLLS (Diploma in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector) is advantageous / QTS / non QTS
New Directions work as a key recruitment and training partner to the education community across the UK. We assist in short listing and identifying key candidates for permanent roles at primary, secondary and further education levels.
Working in close proximity with education establishments across the UK, we aim to find applicants the right role, the first time.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 28th March 2019