- Location: Denbighshire - North Wales
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Perm Contract
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Additional Learning Needs (ALN), Primary Education, Secondary Education
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: HT_MD
- Salary: Negotiable
New Directions Education are recruiting on behalf a local School based in Flintshire for a Head Teacher.
Governors of the school are looking to appoint a dedicated, inspiring and ambitious Head Teacher to offer strategic leadership, commitment, and vision to take the school into the next stage of its development. The successful applicant will be responsible in establishing relationships with the Flintshire Authority and its network of support groups and the wider Welsh Government, all committed to making education in Flintshire outstanding for its residents.
With previous experience at senior leadership level, applicants must also meet and evidence the following criteria:-
- Experience and understanding of working within a therapeutic setting;
- Have a sound understanding of the importance of relationship-based practice
- Evidence of continuous professional development;
- Hold a Head Teacher or middle leadership qualification: NPQH or NPQSL
- At least two years’ experience as a middle leader and a willingness to work towards the NPQH
- Knowledge and understanding of Estyn requirements for inspection and experience of a leadership role within the inspection process;
- Experience of being in a leadership role with regard to Safeguarding and Child Protection;
- Multi-agency partnership experience
- Experience and knowledge of curriculum development, provision mapping and curriculum planning;
- Evidence of strategic change within a school setting;
- Experience in reporting to Governors and providing robust data for quarterly analysis to support continuous school improvement
- Fluent Welsh Speaker is advantageous.
New Directions work as a key recruitment and training partner to the education community across the UK. We assist in short listing and identifying key candidates for permanent roles at primary, secondary and further education levels.
Working in close proximity with education establishments across the UK, we aim to find applicants the right role, the first time.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 5th February 2019