- Location: Flintshire - North Wales
- Start Date: Sept 2018
- Duration: Contract
- Job Type: Fixed Term
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Job Ref: Headship_MD
- Salary: £41 - £55k
New Directions Education are recruiting on behalf of a school based on the Flintshire/ Denbighshire border.
As part of the schools steady plans for growth and service development, they are preparing to register a small Independent School.
With future ambition for a new school to be located within close proximity to their children’s home for up to 12 pupils, aged 8 – 18years
Senior leaders are looking to appoint a dedicated, inspiring and ambitious Headteacher to offer strategic leadership in driving forward the registration requirements in line with the registration of Independent Schools through the Welsh Government.
As the Headteacher you will be responsible for driving through the initial registration alongside the design and implementation of a curriculum that meets the needs of all pupils in attendance.
With previous experience at senior leadership level, applicants must also meet and evidence the following criteria:-
- Experience and understanding of working within a therapeutic setting;
- Have a sound understanding of the importance of relationship-based practice
- Evidence of continuous professional development;
- Hold a Head Teacher or middle leadership qualification: NPQH or NPQSL or
- At least two years’ experience as a middle leader and a willingness to work towards the NPQH
- Knowledge and understanding of Estyn requirements for inspection and experience of a leadership role within the inspection process;
- Experience of being in a leadership role with regard to Safeguarding and Child Protection;
- Multi-agency partnership experience
- An awareness of the registration requirement to set up an Independent School
- A thorough understanding of the Independent School Standards Part 1 to Part 8
- Experience and knowledge of curriculum development, provision mapping and curriculum planning;
- Evidence of strategic change within a school setting;
- Experience in reporting to Governors and providing robust data for quarterly analysis to support continuous school improvement
We the school will offer:
- Strong guidance and support from the leadership team
- External School Improvement Partnership support and guidance
- Professional supervision
- The potential to further develop your leadership skills
- The opportunity to work creatively to raise pupil achievement and attainment
- The opportunity to be involved with school set and registration, alongside curriculum development and design
If you are an experienced and motivated Assistant or Deputy Headteacher with the skills outlined above and you are looking for a position as Headteacher, you are welcome to apply.
New Directions work as a key recruitment and training partner to the education community across the UK. We assist in short listing and identifying key candidates for permanent roles at primary, secondary and further education levels.
Working in close proximity with education establishments across the UK, we aim to find applicants the right role, the first time.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 31st July 2018