- Location: Newport - South Wales
- Start Date: immediate
- Duration: on-going
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Teaching Assistant
- Job Ref: HLTANPORT
- Salary: from £60 per day
New Directions Education is currently looking for Higher Level Teaching Assistants (HLTA) for day-to-day cover in Primary Schools within the Torfaen Area.
These positions involve Planning, Preparation & Assessment (PPA) cover and will be covering classes from nursery up to year 6. Thus, the successful candidates must be able to adapt to different classes and be able to communicate effectively with each teacher to ensure a smooth handover.
Previous experience of working as a HLTA where you are in charge of the class is desirable as this position does involve leading the class and delivering work set by the class teacher. Day-today cover offers great flexibility as you can specify how many and which days you would like to work each week.
If you are interested in this vacancy or would like further information please contact the ALN Team on 02920 390133 (option 1).
Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) Jobs
The role of the HLTA came into force in 2003. This role adds further support to those individuals teaching in a classroom environment. The post is more senior to that of a Teaching Assistant, and with this comes added responsibilities.
A HTLA may be required to teach classes on their own at times, or cover planned absences to allow teaching staff to plan and mark. To become a HLTA you must have experience as a Teaching Assistant. You will also need the support of your school and senior staff.
Education and Experience
- Meet HLTA standards or equivalent qualification or experience
- Hold relevant qualification at Level 3 minimum
- Demonstrates numeracy and literacy skills to GCSE (A-C) or L2 equivalent
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a Teaching Assistant Role
Typical Duties of a Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
- Teach small groups of students
- Offer cover supervision in teacher absence
- Organise classroom activities – planning and setting out resource
- Provide verbal and written feedback on classroom sessions to teaching staff
- Promote the inclusion of all pupils in a learning environment
- Work with teaching staff to evaluate pupils’ learning progress
- Contributes to observation and assessment in classroom environments
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 12th July 2018