- Location: Wrexham - North Wales
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
- Category: Teaching Assistant
- Job Ref: HW82
- Salary: £50-£60 a day
New Directions are currently recruiting for a Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) to work in primary schools in the Wrexham area. You must either have a Level 4 or equivalent qualification to work as a HLTA as you will potentially be responsible for supervising the classroom. The work will always be set and the class teacher will often be there. It will normally involve some teaching but the teacher would normally mark the work.
This role would be ideal for someone who has:
• completed their PGCE but not their training;
• completed a degree and who are looking for more experience in teaching;
• qualified as a Teacher but hasn’t taught for a sustained period of time and is looking to ease their way back into the role; or
• A Level 4 qualification and looking for more responsibility.
New Directions are the preferred supplier in Wrexham and are very busy in Wrexham for short-term cover and long-term posts depending on what you are looking for. You must be confident, experienced and able to use your initiative. You must be organised, punctual and friendly as you may be going to different schools and first impressions count! Working in close relationship with the local council, we do get full time positions in which we are able to consider you for so please get in touch for more information.
Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) Jobs
The role of the HLTA came into force in 2003. This role adds further support to those individuals teaching in a classroom environment. The post is more senior to that of a Teaching Assistant, and with this comes added responsibilities.
A HTLA may be required to teach classes on their own at times, or cover planned absences to allow teaching staff to plan and mark. To become a HLTA you must have experience as a Teaching Assistant. You will also need the support of your school and senior staff.
Education and Experience
- Meet HLTA standards or equivalent qualification or experience
- Hold relevant qualification at Level 3 minimum
- Demonstrates numeracy and literacy skills to GCSE (A-C) or L2 equivalent
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a Teaching Assistant Role
Typical Duties of a Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
- Teach small groups of students
- Offer cover supervision in teacher absence
- Organise classroom activities – planning and setting out resource
- Provide verbal and written feedback on classroom sessions to teaching staff
- Promote the inclusion of all pupils in a learning environment
- Work with teaching staff to evaluate pupils’ learning progress
- Contributes to observation and assessment in classroom environments
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 17th March 2017