Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) – Primary School
- Location: Newport
- Salary: £75 per day
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary
New Directions Education are looking
to recruit experienced Higher Level Teaching Assistants (HLTA) to work in
primary schools across Newport.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated
and driven to support the needs of pupils using creative and
knowledgeable strategies in the classroom and possess strong behaviour
To be successful in your application
you must have attained HLTA status, through the qualification and experience of
working as a HLTA in the classroom.
Does this sound like
you? Then I would love to hear from you!
Registering with New
Directions Education is simple and with October already upon us there is no
For more information or
to book a registration date just give Karyn Phillips a call on 02920 390 133
We look forward to
working with you soon!
The HLTA role adds further support to those teaching in a classroom environment. The post is more senior than a Teaching Assistant, and comes with added responsibilities.
A HLTA may be required to teach classes on their own at times, or cover planned absences to allow teaching staff to plan and mark.
To become a HLTA you must have experience as a teaching assistant. You will also need the support of your school and senior staff.
As an HLTA you’ll be expected to:
- Meet HLTA standards or equivalent qualification or experience
- Hold relevant qualifications at Level 3 minimum
- Demonstrate numeracy and literacy skills to GCSE (A-C) or L2 equivalent
- Have a minimum of two years’ experience in a teaching assistant role.
Typical duties of a HLTA include:
- Teaching small groups of students
- Offering cover supervision in teacher absence
- Organising classroom activities – planning and setting out resource
- Providing verbal and written feedback on classroom sessions to teaching staff
- Promoting the inclusion of all pupils in a learning environment
- Working with teaching staff to evaluate pupils’ learning progress
- Contributing to observation and assessment in classroom environments.
What New Directions Education offers:
- A dedicated and expert Account Manager
- Regular and varied supply work
- Competitive rates of pay
- Potential long-term roles
- Full compliance with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR)
- A network of branches across the UK
- One of the preferred suppliers to all 22 local authorities in Wales under the All Wales Framework Agreement
- We are the major teaching supply agency for Welsh speaking teachers across Wales
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Respected reputation across the education and recruitment industry