- Location: Wrexham - North Wales
- Start Date: Immediate
- Duration: On Going
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Teaching Assistant
- Job Ref: ES30042018
- Salary: £10.91per hour
Higher Level Teaching Assistants needed on a temporary, ongoing basis within a small rural school.
To be considered for the role you must have a Level 4 or equivalent qualification, as you will be responsible for supervising the classroom in the absence of the class teacher. The role is ideally suited to someone who;
Holds a degree and is looking for more experience in teaching
Is qualified as a Teacher but hasn’t taught for a while and is looking to ease back into the role
Has a level 4 qualification and is looking for more responsibility.
HLTA’s are required to carry out some teaching, with the work being set by the class teacher, leading the lesson in an enthusiastic manner with a positive attitude to learning. Its vital that you work well within a team, taking direction when required and supporting your colleagues within the classroom.
Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) Jobs
The role of the HLTA came into force in 2003. This role adds further support to those individuals teaching in a classroom environment. The post is more senior to that of a Teaching Assistant, and with this comes added responsibilities.
A HTLA may be required to teach classes on their own at times, or cover planned absences to allow teaching staff to plan and mark. To become a HLTA you must have experience as a Teaching Assistant. You will also need the support of your school and senior staff.
Education and Experience
- Meet HLTA standards or equivalent qualification or experience
- Hold relevant qualification at Level 3 minimum
- Demonstrates numeracy and literacy skills to GCSE (A-C) or L2 equivalent
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a Teaching Assistant Role
Typical Duties of a Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
- Teach small groups of students
- Offer cover supervision in teacher absence
- Organise classroom activities – planning and setting out resource
- Provide verbal and written feedback on classroom sessions to teaching staff
- Promote the inclusion of all pupils in a learning environment
- Work with teaching staff to evaluate pupils’ learning progress
- Contributes to observation and assessment in classroom environments
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 30th April 2018