- Location: Wirral - North West
- Start Date: Immediately
- Duration: On going supply
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
- Category: 1-2-1 Support
- Job Ref: HLTAJM
- Salary: £60-65 Per day
New Directions Education are currently recruiting for an experienced higher level teaching assistant (HLTA) who has worked with pupils with additional learning needs (ALN) and has full time availability. This role is to work in an additional learning needs (ALN) school based near Birkenhead, Wirral. This will be on going supply cover on a week by week basis and will require strong classroom management and support for a pupils with autism (ASD).
The ideal applicant will have had previous experience working with pupils who have additional learning needs (Aln) and have excellent communication and behavioural assessment skills.
Due to the nature of this role, the suitable applicant will have experience in dealing with challenging behaviour and be available to start immediately. This is a full time position in a school that succeeds in getting good results and are very welcoming towards supply staff.
If you have a Team Teach qualification and relevant experience this could be a fantastic opportunity.
Parking is available on site and the school is easily accessible via various bus routes.
Hours of work for this school is 8.30am-3.30pm.
Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) Jobs
The role of the HLTA came into force in 2003. This role adds further support to those individuals teaching in a classroom environment. The post is more senior to that of a Teaching Assistant, and with this comes added responsibilities.
A HTLA may be required to teach classes on their own at times, or cover planned absences to allow teaching staff to plan and mark. To become a HLTA you must have experience as a Teaching Assistant. You will also need the support of your school and senior staff.
Education and Experience
- Meet HLTA standards or equivalent qualification or experience
- Hold relevant qualification at Level 3 minimum
- Demonstrates numeracy and literacy skills to GCSE (A-C) or L2 equivalent
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a Teaching Assistant Role
Typical Duties of a Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
- Teach small groups of students
- Offer cover supervision in teacher absence
- Organise classroom activities – planning and setting out resource
- Provide verbal and written feedback on classroom sessions to teaching staff
- Promote the inclusion of all pupils in a learning environment
- Work with teaching staff to evaluate pupils’ learning progress
- Contributes to observation and assessment in classroom environments
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 0151 515 0822, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 12th October 2018