- Location: Blaenau Gwent - South Wales
- Start Date: January 2019
- Duration: Long-term
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
- Job Ref: HLTA/BG
- Salary: From £62 per day
New Directions Education are currently recruiting for a Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) to work in a primary school in the Blaenau Gwent area. The position is due to start in January 2019 and will be until at least February half term possibly longer.
The position will involve working in the nursery during the morning session and then covering PPA in the afternoons where the successful candidate will be required to teach whole classes to cover the Teacher’s PPA time. Therefore we are looking for an enthusiasm candidate who is both flexible and adaptable in their approach, is able to build good rapport with pupils and colleagues and also confident teaching classes from Nursery up to Year 6.
This position is 5 days per week Monday to Friday starting on Monday 7th January 2019. If you are interested in this position please contact the Learning Support Team on 02920 390133 option 1.
Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) Jobs
The role of the HLTA came into force in 2003. This role adds further support to those individuals teaching in a classroom environment. The post is more senior to that of a Teaching Assistant, and with this comes added responsibilities.
A HTLA may be required to teach classes on their own at times, or cover planned absences to allow teaching staff to plan and mark. To become a HLTA you must have experience as a Teaching Assistant. You will also need the support of your school and senior staff.
Education and Experience
- Meet HLTA standards or equivalent qualification or experience
- Hold relevant qualification at Level 3 minimum
- Demonstrates numeracy and literacy skills to GCSE (A-C) or L2 equivalent
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a Teaching Assistant Role
Typical Duties of a Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
- Teach small groups of students
- Offer cover supervision in teacher absence
- Organise classroom activities – planning and setting out resource
- Provide verbal and written feedback on classroom sessions to teaching staff
- Promote the inclusion of all pupils in a learning environment
- Work with teaching staff to evaluate pupils’ learning progress
- Contributes to observation and assessment in classroom environments
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 29th November 2018