- Location: Wirral - North West
- Start Date: Immediately
- Duration: On going supply
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Additional Learning Needs (ALN)
- Category: Teaching Assistant
- Job Ref: hltajm
- Salary: Competitive
We are currently recruiting for a higher level teaching assistant (HLTA) to work on a long term supply basis at an Additional Learning Needs (ALN) school based in Birkenhead, Wirral.
This is to start immediately and you must hold a level 4 Teaching Assistant Qualification with previous experience of leading a class.
Continuity for the pupils at this school is essential so you will need to be reliable and consistent in your role. To be a successful applicant, you must have had proven experience of working within an Additioal learning needs (ALN) environment and have experience of working with both physical and learning disabilities.
Group work is encouraged and activities such as arts and crafts, music and cooking are often daily parts of a school day. Day trips to various places are often enjoyed amongst pupils and staff and a happy working and learning environment is encouraged.
This is a long term supply opportunity for the right candidate.
The school is accessible via a bus route, however there is a spacious car park available should you be a car driver.
Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) Jobs
The role of the HLTA came into force in 2003. This role adds further support to those individuals teaching in a classroom environment. The post is more senior to that of a Teaching Assistant, and with this comes added responsibilities.
A HTLA may be required to teach classes on their own at times, or cover planned absences to allow teaching staff to plan and mark. To become a HLTA you must have experience as a Teaching Assistant. You will also need the support of your school and senior staff.
Education and Experience
- Meet HLTA standards or equivalent qualification or experience
- Hold relevant qualification at Level 3 minimum
- Demonstrates numeracy and literacy skills to GCSE (A-C) or L2 equivalent
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a Teaching Assistant Role
Typical Duties of a Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
- Teach small groups of students
- Offer cover supervision in teacher absence
- Organise classroom activities – planning and setting out resource
- Provide verbal and written feedback on classroom sessions to teaching staff
- Promote the inclusion of all pupils in a learning environment
- Work with teaching staff to evaluate pupils’ learning progress
- Contributes to observation and assessment in classroom environments
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 0151 515 0822, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 11th September 2018