- Location: Wrexham - North Wales
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: On going
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Teaching Assistant
- Job Ref: ers190218
- Salary: £8.58ph
New Directions are currently recruiting for Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) in the Wrexham area to work in a variety of local primary schools with long term placements available. The Teaching Assistant role is a vital resource to the teacher to provide support and help, you may be required to work on a 1:1 basis, lead small groups or cover PPA.
To be considered for the role you must be qualified as a Level 4 teaching assistant, have at least three months experience within the last three years working with children, be confident and motivated! You will be required to use your own initiative, communicate effectively, follow instructions and carry out tasks set by the teacher.
In return you will be provided with a dedicated account manager to support you and secure placements on your behalf, offering training and guidance to help you achieve your goals. You will gain experience of working in a variety of schools with varying roles building your experience and knowledge.
Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) Jobs
The role of the HLTA came into force in 2003. This role adds further support to those individuals teaching in a classroom environment. The post is more senior to that of a Teaching Assistant, and with this comes added responsibilities.
A HTLA may be required to teach classes on their own at times, or cover planned absences to allow teaching staff to plan and mark. To become a HLTA you must have experience as a Teaching Assistant. You will also need the support of your school and senior staff.
Education and Experience
- Meet HLTA standards or equivalent qualification or experience
- Hold relevant qualification at Level 3 minimum
- Demonstrates numeracy and literacy skills to GCSE (A-C) or L2 equivalent
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a Teaching Assistant Role
Typical Duties of a Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
- Teach small groups of students
- Offer cover supervision in teacher absence
- Organise classroom activities – planning and setting out resource
- Provide verbal and written feedback on classroom sessions to teaching staff
- Promote the inclusion of all pupils in a learning environment
- Work with teaching staff to evaluate pupils’ learning progress
- Contributes to observation and assessment in classroom environments
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 19th February 2018