- Location: Caerphilly - South Wales
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Day to day
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Additional Learning Needs (ALN), Primary Education
- Category: Teaching Assistant
- Job Ref: SEE0012
- Salary: £60 per day
We are currently looking for HLTA’s (Higher Level Teaching Assistants) to work in a Primary Schools across Caerphilly Borough. We have a number over roles that are situated both at the top and bottom of the borough. Some of the opportunities that are available will require supporting children with additional learning needs (ALN) that may have a behaviour management aspect.
The ideal candidate will have experience working as a HLTA and be comfortable covering PPA(Planning Preparation Assessment) and taking responsibility of the a class. There may also be some marking required. This role is can be Part Time to Full Time, Monday-Friday, 0830-1530. If you feel you would be suitable and would like more information or to apply please get in touch today.
Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) Jobs
The role of the HLTA came into force in 2003. This role adds further support to those individuals teaching in a classroom environment. The post is more senior to that of a Teaching Assistant, and with this comes added responsibilities.
A HTLA may be required to teach classes on their own at times, or cover planned absences to allow teaching staff to plan and mark. To become a HLTA you must have experience as a Teaching Assistant. You will also need the support of your school and senior staff.
Education and Experience
- Meet HLTA standards or equivalent qualification or experience
- Hold relevant qualification at Level 3 minimum
- Demonstrates numeracy and literacy skills to GCSE (A-C) or L2 equivalent
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a Teaching Assistant Role
Typical Duties of a Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
- Teach small groups of students
- Offer cover supervision in teacher absence
- Organise classroom activities – planning and setting out resource
- Provide verbal and written feedback on classroom sessions to teaching staff
- Promote the inclusion of all pupils in a learning environment
- Work with teaching staff to evaluate pupils’ learning progress
- Contributes to observation and assessment in classroom environments
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy,on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 8th June 2018