- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing supply work
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Additional Learning Needs (ALN), Early Years Teachers (NNEB), Primary Education
- Category: Early Years Foundation Stage, School Support, Teaching Assistant
- Job Ref: HLTA CDF
- Salary: £62 a day
Due to an increase in demand, we are currently recruiting a number of Higher Level Teaching Assistants (HLTA)s to work in and around primary schools in St Mellons, Cardiff. You will be required to take control of small groups of children leading them through the daily routine, assist the Class Teacher where necessary and may have a lead role in managing other teacher assistants.
After every morning or afternoon session you may be required to liaise with the Additional Learning Needs Coordinator (ALNCO) or Class Teacher to discuss feedback on progress or behaviours monitored in class. Every week you may be asked to input results, develop resources, deliver differentiated lessons and create new display boards.
There are many posts available from full-time to part-time, one to five days a week, within the school hours (8:30am – 3:30pm) with a potential of work continuing for the rest of the academic year and continuing on to the schools’ own contracts.
If you feel that you would be an asset to the school and would like more information, please do not hesitate to contact the number below to register your information.
Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) Jobs
The role of the HLTA came into force in 2003. This role adds further support to those individuals teaching in a classroom environment. The post is more senior to that of a Teaching Assistant, and with this comes added responsibilities.
A HTLA may be required to teach classes on their own at times, or cover planned absences to allow teaching staff to plan and mark. To become a HLTA you must have experience as a Teaching Assistant. You will also need the support of your school and senior staff.
Education and Experience
- Meet HLTA standards or equivalent qualification or experience
- Hold relevant qualification at Level 3 minimum
- Demonstrates numeracy and literacy skills to GCSE (A-C) or L2 equivalent
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a Teaching Assistant Role
Typical Duties of a Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
- Teach small groups of students
- Offer cover supervision in teacher absence
- Organise classroom activities – planning and setting out resource
- Provide verbal and written feedback on classroom sessions to teaching staff
- Promote the inclusion of all pupils in a learning environment
- Work with teaching staff to evaluate pupils’ learning progress
- Contributes to observation and assessment in classroom environments
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 10th November 2017