- Location: Wrexham - North Wales
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: On going
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: ES2506/18
- Salary: £60 per day
We are currently recruiting for Higher Level Teaching Assistants for placements in local primary schools.
To be eligible you must posses a Welsh Assembly Government approved HLTA certificate as the role involves some teaching, with the class teacher setting and marking the work. You must be confident, experienced and able to use your initiative.
New Directions are the preferred supplier in Wrexham with a high demand for short term cover as well as long term posts, offering flexibility to suit your needs. Working in partnership with the local council we are able to introduce you a variety of schools and offer a range of training programmes to develop your own CV.
Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) Jobs
The role of the HLTA came into force in 2003. This role adds further support to those individuals teaching in a classroom environment. The post is more senior to that of a Teaching Assistant, and with this comes added responsibilities.
A HTLA may be required to teach classes on their own at times, or cover planned absences to allow teaching staff to plan and mark. To become a HLTA you must have experience as a Teaching Assistant. You will also need the support of your school and senior staff.
Education and Experience
- Meet HLTA standards or equivalent qualification or experience
- Hold relevant qualification at Level 3 minimum
- Demonstrates numeracy and literacy skills to GCSE (A-C) or L2 equivalent
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a Teaching Assistant Role
Typical Duties of a Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
- Teach small groups of students
- Offer cover supervision in teacher absence
- Organise classroom activities – planning and setting out resource
- Provide verbal and written feedback on classroom sessions to teaching staff
- Promote the inclusion of all pupils in a learning environment
- Work with teaching staff to evaluate pupils’ learning progress
- Contributes to observation and assessment in classroom environments
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 25th June 2018