- Location: Merthyr Tydfil - South Wales
- Start Date: 06/05/19
- Duration: Seasonal
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Ancillary (School Support Staff)
- Category: School Support
- Job Ref: SMC1
- Salary: £10 per hour
New Directions are looking for Home School Exam Invigilators in the Rhondda Cynon Taf area.
There are pupils that may need to be home schooled throughout the year due to various reasons, an example being emotinal behavioural difficulties. The council will arrange home tuition throughout the year for the pupil but when the exam season takes place the council will need additional support to help facilitate the exams for these pupils.
We are looking for candidates who drive as you will need to pick up an exam paper from the local examination centre (school) travel a short distance to the pupils home or local library where you will then invigilate the exam, returning the paper to the examination centre when complete.
Exam Invigilating is a great way to be introduced to the Education Sector, it can be done on a part time basis or can be used to gain experience and potentially move into other roles within a school setting.
The work is flexible, seasonal and pays £10 per hour.
To be placed as invigilator you will need to hold a full enhanced child only DBS (which we can arrange), complete our level 1 safeguarding course.
If interested please make contact with the school support services team on 02920 390 133 option 5.
Main purpose and object of the role: To provide support to the examination process.
Main duties: To support the Head Invigilator/ Examinations Team with the day-to-day operation of examination venues. This may include:
- assisting with setting up examination venues by laying out stationery, equipment and examination papers in accordance with the outlined procedures;
- assisting candidates prior to the start of examinations by directing them to their seats and advising them about possessions permitted in examination venues;
- offering advice and guidance to unregistered candidates without allocated seats;
- ensuring that candidates do not talk once inside the examination venue;
- invigilating during examinations, dealing with queries raised by candidates and dealing with examination irregularities in accordance with strict procedures;
- checking attendance during examinations;
- recording details early leavers and collecting their scripts;
- escorting candidates from the examination venue during the examinations as required, and supervising candidates whilst outside the examination venue;
- collecting and collating scripts at the end of the examination in accordance with strict procedures;
- assisting with the preparation of script envelopes;
- supervising candidates leaving examination venues, ensuring that candidates do not remove equipment or stationery from the venue without authorisation and ensuring that candidates leave venues in an orderly and quiet manner.
Other duties: To assist the Examinations Team with other examination processes, such as:
- packing of examination papers, stationery and equipment prior to the examinations and the delivery to and from venues as appropriate;
- preparation of seating plans;
- delivering scripts to departmental and school offices.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 29th January 2019