- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Start Date: Immediate
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Long Term
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: 1-2-1 Support
- Job Ref: DZE
- Salary: £25 per hour
New Directions Education are currently recruiting for an experienced teacher to carry out home tuition on a one to one basis. The tuition will take place in the Newport area.
As a home tutor you will be required to carry out one to one tuition predominantly with pupils that have additional learning needs (ALN). Therefore experience dealing with pupils with emotional, social and behavioural difficulties is desirable. Given this- the ability to identify differing needs of pupils to enable you to cater your work to a variety of pupils with complex needs will definitely be beneficial.
The pupil in question is currently undergoing preparation for their GCSE examinations and primarily needs to focus on literacy and numeracy. Prior to this, building a rapport with the pupil in order to gain relationship and trust is crucial so that you are able to support as much as possible.
The ideal candidate will have the below attributes:
- An in depth knowledge of the national curriculum- to deliver literacy and numeracy at GCSE level
- Experience teaching pupils with additional learning needs
- Qualified teacher status or an equivalent qualification
- The ability to plan and prepare lessons but also with the support of the local authority
If you are a passionate teacher and would love to make a difference to a pupils life by supporting them through their GCSE’s, please apply for this position and include your CV.
Tutors work on a 1-2-1 basis with students usually within the students’ home, covering a variety of subjects notably core subjects including Mathematics, English and Science.
Tutor sessions will be bespoke for each student depending on age and levels, and will normally last between 1 and 2 hours.
Tutors can cover all levels from Key Stage 1 to Key Stage 4 however; Tutors will need to have experience of teaching core subjects such as English, Science, and Mathematics at the level they will be tutoring.
To be successful Tutors are required to be:
- Flexible with working hours
- Prepared to work with more than one student in a day
- Happy to travel between locations
- Focused on creating fun and interactive lessons for young people
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 9th April 2019