- Location: Rhondda Cynon Taf - South Wales
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: 1-2-1 Support
- Job Ref: IZ4
- Salary: £25 per hour
New Directions Education are currently recruiting Qualified Teachers or Tutors looking to carry out Home Tuition sessions in Rhondda Cynon Taff area. Tutors will work on a one to one basis with pupils at home. Please feel free to apply for this position if you live locally to the Rhondda Cynon Taff area or if you are willing to travel.
Experience of teaching the core subjects at GCSE level is crucial for this job role. It will be preferred for you to have experience with challenging behaviour such as Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties (EBD)- some pupils may have some additional learning needs (ALN).
Suitable candidates will have the below requirements:
- Able to work within challenging environments
- Great communication skills
- Flexibility to travel, with access to your own transport
- Registered with the EWC as a Teacher
- Able to plan and prepare lessons
Tutors work on a 1-2-1 basis with students usually within the students’ home, covering a variety of subjects notably core subjects including Mathematics, English and Science.
Tutor sessions will be bespoke for each student depending on age and levels, and will normally last between 1 and 2 hours.
Tutors can cover all levels from Key Stage 1 to Key Stage 4 however; Tutors will need to have experience of teaching core subjects such as English, Science, and Mathematics at the level they will be tutoring.
To be successful Tutors are required to be:
- Flexible with working hours
- Prepared to work with more than one student in a day
- Happy to travel between locations
- Focused on creating fun and interactive lessons for young people
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 8th November 2018