- Location: Pembrokeshire - South West
- Start Date: January 2019
- Duration: Min 6 weeks
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Secondary Education
- Category: Information & Communications Technology
- Job Ref: op12
- Salary: £100+ per day
New Directions are currently looking for a full or part-time ICT/Computer Science Teacher to work in one of our partner schools. The school is seeking an enthusiastic teacher to commit to a position for a minimum of one half term with the potential for it to extend. The school will accept applications from both NQTs and experienced teachers alike.
- Be registered with the Education Workforce Council (EWC);
- Have an up to date DBS check on the Update Service or are willing to complete a DBS through New Directions;
- Be enthusiastic, dynamic and have a desire to integrate fully into the school for the duration of the placement.
We are looking for the successful candidate to start with the school in January and the position will be initially until the end of February.
Are you looking for a job teaching information & communications technology (ICT)?
We recruit for information & communications technology (ICT) Teachers for posts around throughout our network of UK offices.
Successful candidates will hold qualified teacher status (QTS) and be happy to teach through the key stages from 3-5. Candidates who have many years experience in this subject area or who are newly qualified teacher (NQT) are welcome to register.
The Role of a Supply ICT Teacher:
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620180, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 6th December 2018