- Location: Swansea - South Wales
- Start Date: March 2019
- Duration: On-going Supply Placements
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: MP123
- Salary: Competitive Rates of Pay
New Directions Education are currently working on behalf of a selection of Swansea primary schools to recruit Key Stage 1 specialists. The posts begin as soon as your file is active and will be on-going supply placements throughout the rest of the academic year. Each school has large open plan Foundation Phase departments consisting of teachers and support staff. For longer term placements you will be required to aid with the planning of sessions and delegation of support staff.
We welcome applicants who:-
- Are registered with the Education Workforce Council (EWC) and hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS);
- Have specialised within the Foundation Phase or have significant experience with this age range;
- Are able to effectively utilise the outdoor classroom and deliver aspects of the Syllabus using alternative methods;
- Can liaise with other teaching and non-teaching staff within the Infants Department to plan and deliver lessons.
The schools are close to the city centre with convenient public transport links and plenty of parking. The schools encourage creativity and encourages the pupils to express themselves and develop their own learning style. You will be able to decide if you would like to undertake day-to-day placements or be considered for long term posts at the schools. Newly Qualified Teachers (NQT’s) will be able to log all session undertaken to put towards their Induction Year. New Directions Education also offers free training courses which are run either online or at our Swansea Office to aid your career development.
Key Stage 1 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 1 (KS1) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 1 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 1 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620180, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 22nd March 2019