- Location: Torfaen - South Wales
- Start Date: Immediate
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: Torfaen KS1/KS2
- Salary: £90-£100Per Day
New Directions Education are looking to recruit a Supply Teacher to work in successful Primary Schools across Torfaen.
This is a fantastic opportunity to continue developing upon your teaching career on a flexible basis. We are currently seeking proactive, confident Teachers who are looking for regular work starting this term. The last academic year has been incredibly busy so we are always looking for committed, new candidates who are able to flourish in the classroom and showcase their teaching skills.
Whilst on supply you have the ability to choose which days you are free to work and have the option of deciding which schools you would like us to allocate you work in.
You should have up to date knowledge of the National Curriculum and be aware that diversity is key when planning your lessons so that work is differentiated appropriately for the development of all pupils.
If you are interested in working in the Torfaen area as a Primary School Teacher, please do not hesitate to get in touch. We would love to hear from you.
As a leading education supply agency, New Directions recruits primary teachers for jobs in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), key stage 1 (KS1) and key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher job role.
Your role as a primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQT) are welcomed by New Directions.
- Fast Facts …
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a Supply Primary Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 11th March 2019