- Location: Merthyr Tydfil - South Wales
- Start Date: Immediate
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Long Term, Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: MT 1
- Salary: £95-£100 Per day
New Directions Education are recruiting for Primary teachers in the Merthyr area to currently cover both Key stage 1 (KS1) and Key Stage 2 (KS2) classes. We have been awarded with the All Wales Agreement which means we are the preffered supplier across the Merthyr borough resulting in us having a great relationship with local Primary schools.We are currently working with over 65% of schools across Merthyr recruiting teachers for both day to day supply and long term positions.
The right candidate needs to be reliable, dedicated and commited to their role. We welcome both experienced and newly qualified teachers to register. You will have a dedicated Account Manager who will be responsible for updating you on all current vacancies.
We are able to offer candidates a range of opportunities and benefits which include.
Guarantee Payment scheme ( GPS Contract flexible on number of days )
Dedicated Account manager
Flexible working hours
local office ( Merthyr Orbit Centre to complete registration )
If you are an NQT or just looking to explore your employment opportunities please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
As a leading education supply agency, New Directions recruits primary teachers for jobs in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), key stage 1 (KS1) and key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher job role.
Your role as a primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQT) are welcomed by New Directions.
- Fast Facts …
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a Supply Primary Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy,on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 16th April 2018