- Location: Monmouthshire - South Wales
- Start Date: Immediate
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Long Term, Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: Aber 1
- Salary: £95 per day
New Directions are currently recruiting for Key stage 1 (KS1) teachers to help cover day-to-day supply and longer term positions within Abergavenny. As we have won the All Wales Agreement We are currently working with over 65 % of local schools and aiming to recruit teachers who are flexible and passionate about teaching. Teachers will be expected to get involved in all aspects of school life and be committed to their role.
If you are an NQT looking to explore your employment opportunities or an experienced teacher looking to work full-time or a few days a week we would love to hear from you.
We are able to offer candidates a range of opportunities and benefits which include.
Guarantee Payment scheme ( GPS Contract flexible on number of days )
Dedicated Account manager to support and advise you
Flexible working hours
competitive rate of pay ( £95 per day )
Refer a friend scheme ( £100 bonus )
Long term opportunities
If you are interested in applying for the position could you contact Matthew James on email@example.com by the 29/06/2018.
As a leading education supply agency, New Directions recruits primary teachers for jobs in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), key stage 1 (KS1) and key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher job role.
Your role as a primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQT) are welcomed by New Directions.
- Fast Facts …
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a Supply Primary Teacher
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133,or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 15th June 2018