- Location: Conwy - North Wales
- Start Date: Summer Term
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Newly Qualified Teacher
- Job Ref: PBKS123/04
- Salary: £90-£140
New Directions Education are looking to appoint a number of enthusiastic and passionate teachers who specialise in Key Stage 1 (KS1). You will be required to work within a number of schools within the Conwy area on a day to day supply basis. Opportunities for full time and part time long and short-term work are available.
Due to the varied nature of the role, successful candidates will be able to adapt to different education settings and work closely to school staff teams in providing a high standard of teaching. Our schools are looking for highly motivated teachers who have a passion for working with children. This is a fantastic opportunity for any newly qualified or experienced teachers who are looking to network in local schools and increase their experience. Furthermore, successful candidates may be in an advantageous position when vacancies arise in school.
A friendly and positive approach to teaching is essential within the role any successful teacher will need to ensure that all marking is undertaken at the end of each school day with feedback provided to the returning teacher. This will ensure that you create the best impression of yourself and increase your chance of regular work.
Key Stage 1 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 1 (KS1) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 1 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 1 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01248 884225, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 18th September 2018