- Location: Blaenau Gwent - South Wales
- Start Date: March
- Duration: Temporary
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Newly Qualified Teacher
- Job Ref: BG2602
- Salary: £90-£100 a Day
New Directions are currently seeking a Key Stage 1(KS1) teacher for a small school in Blaenau Gwent. We are looking for someone who is happy to teach from nursery age up to Yr 2 to cover PPA over a 5-day period. This will suit someone with experience of working in Key Stage 1 (KS1) either on placements or in a longer term or permanent position. You will be expected to work closely with the children to ensure they are engaging and understanding the lesson plans set out to them and reporting any problems to the class teacher. You will work closely with the class teacher helping to plan lessons and marking the children’s work at the end of the day and you will also have the help of a teaching assistant (TA) on a daily basis. You will be expected to build good relationships and have good communication with the children and also the parents to ensure that any problems within the classroom setting are picked up immediately and dealt with in a timely manner.
Are you a Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT) looking for a teaching job?
New Directions Education is a prominent education supply teaching agency with nine offices across the UK. We recruit newly qualified teachers (NQTs) for short and long-term teaching vacancies.
If you are looking for a teaching job in a primary school, trying to find a vacancy as a local secondary teacher or eager to work in special educational needs (SEN), then New Directions would like to hear from you.
NQT Job Role
As you are now entering the world of teaching, there will be days when you have wondered what you have let yourself in for but during a recent session with NQTs, ex-Head Teacher and Business Development Officer for New Directions, Bob Meier, told the assembled group of graduates that "despite the hard days, teaching is the most rewarding career choice you can make". He also outlined the importance of making sure that your application forms, when applying for permanent post, are of the highest quality.
Typical duties of an NQT include:
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend-a-friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy,on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 26th February 2018