- Location: Powys - South Wales
- Start Date: September 2018
- Duration: Ongoing
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Salary: £90 - £100 per day
New Directions Education are looking to recruit keen , enthusicatic Key stage 1 (KS1) Primary school teachers to join our team of teachers in Brecon, Powys. We are looking for NQTs who are looking to complete their NQT year to work in a range of diffrent schools gaining valuable experience covering Key stage 1 (KS1) classes.
Working in diffrent schools day in day out can be very rewarding so we are looking for candidates who are also passionate, reliable and flexible to help out all local schools with their supply requirments. We are looking for teachers who have an excellent knowledge of the current curriculum , who are comftable teaching Key stage one classes and who are looking for a challenge and adopt strong behavioural managment techniques. Working as a teacher through New Directions you will get many benefits including :-
- The opportunity to work for the governments preferred supplier.
- Competitve rate of pay ( £90 per day )
- Loyalty bonus of up to £500
- Work on a Guaranteed payment scheme contract
- Benefit from free training during summer months
- Dedidated account manager and in house saferguarding officer
New Directions are currently working with over 65% of schools across the Powys area and our client base is growing all the time. We have a new office based at the orbit centre in Merthyr where we hold open days , cluster meetings for all local schools and registrations for all local candidates.
Key Stage 1 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 1 (KS1) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 1 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 1 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133,or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 29th June 2018