- Location: Liverpool - North West
- Start Date: Immediate
- Duration: On-going
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: KS1LIV
- Salary: £100 per day
New Directions Education is looking to recruit a bank of Key Stage 1 (KS1) Teachers to cover day to day supply at a primary school in Liverpool .
This is a smaller than average primary school graded ‘good’ in its latest Ofsted inspection. The senior leadership team have high expectations of achievement for all students and are working hard to improve the schools standards to ‘outstanding’
Pupils achieve well and make good progress across the school. Children in the Early Years Foundation stage get of to a good start in their learning and by the end of year 6 a high proportion of pupils are achieving above the national average
New Directions Education have an agreement with this particular client therefore we do have a high demand for day to day supply staff, there is also opportunities of long term and possibly permanent positions for the right person.
Key Stage 1 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 1 (KS1) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 1 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 1 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Educationfor more information on this job vacancy,on 0151 515 0820, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 17th April 2018