- Location: Newport - South Wales
- Start Date: September 20018
- Duration: Temporary
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Newly Qualified Teacher
- Job Ref: NP110918
- Salary: £90-£100 a Day
New Directions are looking to recruit a Key Stage 1 (KS1) teacher in Newport. This position would be for a minimum of 6 months but could possibly go on for the whole of the school year. The right candidate will need to have great classroom management skills, be enthusiastic and have a passion for teaching and the ability to keep a classroom engaged with exciting lesson plans which follow the curriculum. Team Teach would be an advantage for this post but not essential as New Directions can put you on this training in the future. You will be expected to plan lessons, ensure all marking and assessments are complete and you will be expected to engage with the parents at the end of the day and during any planned parents evenings etc.
Working with New Directions you will have work with your own dedicated account manager who will support and Handel any queries you may have, you will be offered a competitive rate of pay and you could qualify for a loyalty bonus at the end of the school year. You will also be offered free training throughout the school holidays and a recommend a friend bonus of up to £100.
If you are interested in applying for this role please call into the office on 02920 390 133 Option 2 and ask for Carley.
Key Stage 1 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 1 (KS1) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 1 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 1 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 11th September 2018