- Location: Caerphilly - South Wales
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: CAR0904
- Salary: £90 per day
New Direction are looking for dedicated Primary School Teachers to work in a number of schools in the Caerphilly area from September 2019, teaching Key Stage 1 (KS1). Both experienced and Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) are encouraged to apply.
Ideal candidates will: have great classroom management skills, be able to set clear boundaries and be confident undertaking planning and preparation to deliver engaging lessons at KS1 level. Additionally, we are looking for staff with flexible availability due to having day-to-day, advanced and long-term placements available.
The benefits of working for New Directions include: a host of free training courses to boost your employability and hone your skillset, a guaranteed payment scheme, a dedicated account manager who will directly support you and find you suitable work and a chance to be employee of the month (£25 voucher).
If you think this opportunity could be for you, then get in touch with New Directions today and find out how we can help you.
Key Stage 1 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 1 (KS1) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 1 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 1 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0133, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 9th April 2019