- Location: Wrexham - North Wales
- Start Date: Summer Term
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Category: Newly Qualified Teacher
- Job Ref: KS1TE20/04
- Salary: £90-£140
As the preferred supplier to schools in Wrexham Education Authority, New Directions are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Key Stage 1 teacher for a role working throughout the Key Stage 1 and Foundation Phase setup at a fantastic school within Wrexham. Any successful applicant would be expected to work within both the FoundationPphase which contains 3 classes and around 90 children working together to a strict timetable, and within the individual Year 1 and 2 classes. Successful teachers will therefore need the adaptability to work throughout Key Stage 1 as and when required and have the flexibility to work as per the needs of the school. All teachers need an in depth knowledge of the curriculum and the ability to implement the Literacy and Numeracy Framework within all reas of learning. The school itself offers a friendly and supportive working environment to both it’s pupils and staff alike.
The school’s location means it is easily accessible from throughout Wrexham, Flintshire and North Shropshire.
Key Stage 1 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 1 (KS1) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 1 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 1 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01978 884290, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 20th April 2018