- Location: Swansea - South Wales
- Start Date: October 2018
- Duration: On-going Supply Placements
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary Education
- Job Ref: MP03102
- Salary: Competitive Rates of Pay
New Directions Education are currently registering Key Stage 2 specialists for primary schools within the City and County of Swansea who teach in a carousel style. This style involves teaching mixed groups of children ranging from Year 3 to Year 6 and you will need to be confident differentiating accordingly. All positions are on a supply basis, but as this style of teaching is only in place in certain schools, you would be considered for long term vacancies if this is of something of interest to you. We will be able to offer you work as soon as you have completed the registration process and you will be able to specify what hours you seek.
We welcome applicants who:
- Have gained Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and are registered with the Education Workforce Council (EWC);
- Can teach each year group within the Key Stage 2 Department;
- Are able to teach effectively in lessons of 30-40 minutes;
- Are able to adapt to different age groups and requirements at short notice;
- Are either Newly Qualified Teachers (NQT’s) or experienced classroom practitioners.
New Directions seek applicants who would be confident teaching groups of around 12-15 pupils on a rotation basis. You would have different groups of children throughout the day and may be delivering the same lesson content to a few groups. You will need to have excellent classroom management skills and time management as the length of lessons is shorter than usual. As you will be working closely with the other Key Stage 2 teachers you will be required to attend regular departmental and planning meetings if in a long-term post. New Directions Education will be able to offer free training courses to aid your Career Development, a dedicated account manager to work on your behalf and guaranteed payment schemes.
Key Stage 2 Primary Teacher Role
Your role as a key stage 2 (KS2) primary teacher in the age group of your speciality will be varied and at times challenging. However, we doubt you will find a more satisfying career where your main objectives will be to develop the children and prepare them for the next stage.
Newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are welcomed by New Directions.
- 10% of primary trained NQTs had teaching supply contracts compared with 6% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 25% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they were employed in a school in which they trained compared with 32% of secondary trained NQTs;
- 18% of primary trained NQTs indicated that they relocated to take up their current teaching position compared with 24% of secondary trained NQTs.
Typical duties of a supply Primary Key Stage 2 Teacher
- Teach all areas of the key stage 2 curriculum;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for the needs for all student ability ranges;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline;
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What can you expect from New Directions Education?
- A dedicated account manager;
- Regular and varied teaching supply work;
- Competitive pay rates;
- Potential long-term teaching roles;
- Fully compliant with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR);
- Network of branches across the UK;
- Preferred supplier to 19 boroughs across the UK;
- Recommend a friend scheme;
- Respected reputation throughout the education and recruitment industry.
Please contact New Directions Education for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620180, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 3rd October 2018